Wednesday, February 26, 2014

blogpost 6: rock music and violence.

What comes first into your mind when you heard the word rock? mostly will say violent. For me it's true in the way that the music increases aggressive thoughts and feelings that can trigger your act of being a violent man/woman. In my opinion being violent after hearing a rock song is what you want to do, its your decision if you want to do something bad or what.



So i decided to take a research about rock and roll in connection to violence. According to the article "Violent Music Lyrics Increase Aggressive Thoughts and Feelings, According to New Study" by Craig Anderson of apa.org stated that it depends to the song what you are listening to. They have done experiment which they took five violent songs and test it to a normal person. They said that that certain song with violent lyrics that will sounds you like a rebel will surely trigger your act of violence. Craig Anderson said that "Results of the five experiments show that violent songs led to more aggressive interpretations of ambiguously aggressive words, increased the relative speed with which people read aggressive vs. nonaggressive words, and increased the proportion of word fragments that were filled in to make aggressive words."
In my experience, sometimes I had trouble with my attitude then. Its like I'm the only family member who is always violates everything. But in the end I've change my self. I had to do it, its like every person I know hates me. Its a lesson learn to my self.






The connection between rock music and violence are already been said. But how does it really means when it comes to your psychological experience. Base on my research on the article "Psychology of Violence" by Sherry Hamby of apa.org said that when it comes to violence there are many types that they can be. Sexual violence, youth violence and bullying. Sherry hamby said that "As a multidisciplinary forum, Psychology of Violence recognizes that all forms of violence and aggression are interconnected and require cross-cutting work that incorporates research from psychology, public health, neuroscience, sociology, medicine, and other related behavioral and social sciences."

For the most part, there is fairly consistent agreement as to what behaviors are included in the physical violence while influenced in rock music. people should have self control to them selves and they should be decreasing their temper when it comes to trouble things.

No comments:

Post a Comment